Use free work, not just to get your foot in the door, but to kick the door down.Charlie HOehn
This week on Career Crashers Joel is joined by Charlie Hoehn.
Charlie is an author, speaker, coach, and head of multimedia for Scribe. Charlie was also formerly Tim Ferriss’ “Director of Special Projects.”
Maybe I just need to do the work. Maybe I just need to not wait for somebody to give me permission or to let somebody else design the job.
What if I design the job?
What if I assign myself the work to ensure that I like it first, and only pitch it to people and companies that I know I would like?Charlie hoehn
Charlie shares his career journey from the realization that the traditional job search wasn’t working to pitching and offering free work to win a once in a lifetime experience with Tim Ferriss and build a unique career.
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give the show five stars (or six)! 😉
- Entering the job market in the middle of the 2008 economic crisis.
- Applying with a resume hundreds of times and getting only two responses; one being manual labor and the other a scam.
- Not giving up on meaningful work.
- Taking charge by flipping the script: “I set the terms, you set the price.”
- Pitching companies and getting in more often than not.
- The template to get in within 24h and get hired within the month.
- “Is this legal?!”
- Why ‘exploitation’ is not a real concern as long as you’re proactive.