This week on Career Crashers Joel is joined by Crash operations manager Corné van Straten!
As operations manager Corné is charged with coordinating outreach, marketing & sales efforts, customer success and more.
Corné shares his story of breaking out of the schooled mindset and discovering his potential for learning and growing in his career.
Taking the initiative, seeing opportunities to create value and just going after them, instead of waiting for permission or for an assignment.
He tells the story of how he learned to code on his own and how he pitched Crash to win his opportunity.
I don’t think I could have done it if somebody had told me to do it.
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give the show five stars (or six)! 😉
- The permissionless mindset, and why it’s so valuable to your career.
- Why self-motivated learning beats institutional learning.
- The core of crashing: specific value propositions to specific companies.
- Doing contract work as a way to get your foot in the door and prove your value.
- Balancing immediate value creation with professional growth.
- Engaging your whole self in the pursuit of things you’re interested in.
- Why the importance of finding a company you truly want to work for can almost not be overstated.
- Why creativity is the best insurance against robots.
Connect with Corné
If you’ve got a story you’d like to share, don’t hesitate! Email Joel at Joel [at] Crash [dot] co.