This week on Career Crashers, Joel is diving into how to use your experience working in food service and use it to win great opportunities in tech startups.
He breaks down some of the key points from the previous episodes in this series with TK Coleman and Kasen Wysong , covering the way to capture and show your skill development and apply it to the job search.
Finally, he details how to use Crash to create pitches that will blow companies away and have them eager to interview you!
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give the show five stars (or six)! 😉
- Boiling down the latest episodes to actionable steps.
- Reflect: what soft skills have I built?
- Stories: what stories can you tell that can bring this point across?
- Project: can you prove your skills through a project? E.g. a little Medium/blog post saying “6 things I learned waiting tables.”
- Testimonial: get one of your regular customers or past supervisors to write you a testimonial.
- The key: to build momentum and take action.
- Finding companies: where to look for good places to apply.
- List: three companies that are exciting to you.
- Record: a 60sec video pitch.
- Finding the person to reach out to: look up the company on LinkedIN and click on “people.”
- Find the email address: head over to hunter.io or snov.io
- Apply some or all of these steps and you’ll be well on your way to winning your next job!
If you’ve got a story you’d like to share, don’t hesitate! Email Joel at Joel [at] Crash [dot] co.