Before we dive into the Crash Report, here’s a thought about cover letters. Enjoy.
What We Worked On This Week
- Did lots of customer interviews and research—we built a user satisfaction survey to get feedback on tailored pitches from around two hundred Crashers
- Answered questions from users and hiring managers
- Removed launch—now published profiles are viewable in the search gallery (there are several hundred career-launchers here!)
- Published an ultimate guide to breaking into software engineering without experience
- Notified published users of changes with launch
- Worked on a lot of content (posts for the rest of the year, newsletters, social media posts, new blog graphics)
- Created a new home base for all of our career guides—check them out here!
- Made updates to the blog post template and the all-posts page
- Isaac was on two more podcasts—and he recorded another episode of the upcoming season two of Career Crashers
- Made profile reviews a pro feature
- Started building career launch curriculum
- Put together two ad reports with takeaways and learnings for upcoming experiments
- Continued pitch design work
- Worked on name- and bio-based search, and updated search (and partner search) to find published profiles
- Did market research
- Worked on private launch ability
Until later, folks!
P.S. If you’re thinking about getting started in software engineering, check out this ultimate guide our team wrote all about breaking into a tech startup’s dev team here. It’s got practical advice on getting started, career paths, salaries, stories, and more.