Five years ago, he was working as a tax accountant—the type of job that’s normally thought of as safe and secure.
But for Phil, something was missing. He wanted something more.
So he left. And he found his way to working at startups.
Phil’s now an accounting manager at Brandfolder. He’s built a great career by learning through his work, through not being afraid of pursuing new opportunities.
In this episode of the Career Crashers podcast, Phil joins Isaac to share his story—and his advice for others who are feeling the itch to move past a safe job and toward a career that makes them come alive.
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give us five stars (or six)! 😉
- Phil shares his career journey, how he went from a tax accounting job he didn’t like to a career he loves at a startup
- How you know it’s time to move on from a stable job that’s just not making you feel alive anymore
- Phil’s advice for people working in good jobs that they know aren’t quite right for them in the long-term
- Trusting your instincts in your career
- Taking the opportunity to learn from the people you work with
Connect with Phil
If you’ve got a story you’d like to share, don’t hesitate! Email Isaac at Isaac [at] Crash [dot] co.
You can stay up-to-date on every Career Crasher episode as it launches here.