Kevin has always approached his career with a focus on the future. He started in sports journalism, covering high school sports on the east coast. With high-quality work, he was quickly able to work his way up to cover the NFL and a number of other sports and teams over a ten-year career.
But as he grew as a journalist, he sensed there were new opportunities that traditional media wasn’t taking advantage of. So he set out on his own to create BlueWire: a venture-funded sports podcast network with close to a hundred shows and great talent across all sports.
In this episode, Kevin joins Isaac to talk about his journey, the skills he used to build his career as a journalist, and the insights that led him to start a company.
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give the show five stars (or six)! 😉
- How Kevin went from a struggling journalist to podcast startup founder and CEO
- Starting his career in sports journalism and working his way up from high school sports to the NFL
- Getting fired by the Cleveland Browns
- Moving to San Francisco to cover the Warriors and 49ers
- Where the idea for BlueWire came from and why Kevin left his comfortable media job to start a company
Connect with Kevin
If you’ve got a story you’d like to share, don’t hesitate! Email Isaac at Isaac [at] Crash [dot] co.
You can stay up-to-date on every Career Crasher episode as it launches here.