Imagine moving 3,000 miles away from your friends and family to go work your dream job at your favorite company.
Then, that company goes under 9 months later. 😬
“I had a bunch of people saying: ‘What do you want to do next?’ And that question brought tons of anxiety to me!
But I love Tony Robins, and he always says: ask a better question, get a better answer.
So I said: how do I want to learn and grow next? What skills do I have, how can I continue to use those? But also, how can I maybe expand my skillset? That question puts you in the driver’s seat.”
Listen to learn how Anthony got back on his feet in no time by leveraging his reputation as an awesome employee at his former job into an amazing new opportunity at Woebot, where he is now the talent acquisition lead.
As a talent acquisition lead, Anthony also has some great tips on how to get hired if you don’t have much experience to lean on:
“Do a project that’s literally three or four slides in Google slides and show: hey, here’s a problem that your company has and here’s how I think I can solve it. You’ve got to be in the business of solving problems.”
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Here are some quick links to the show:
P.S. Don’t forget to give the show five stars (or six)! 😉
- Anthony’s journey to Woebot
- How Anthony made it to a senior role at a young age
- Why and how you can ask better questions about your next career steps
- What Anthony looks for in candidates applying for jobs at Woebot
- How you can look deeper at your previous experience and tie it into the experience different companies are looking for
- Hiring is buying
- Why you shouldn’t let school get in the way of your education
- How To Land More Interviews In Less Time
- How To Design Your Life & Goals
- Anthony’s 21-Day Job Offer Story
- The Ultimate COVID Job Resource Stack
Connect with Anthony
If you’ve got a story you’d like to share, don’t hesitate! Email Isaac at Isaac [at] Crash [dot] co.
You can stay up-to-date on every Career Crasher episode as it launches here.