At age twenty-two, Amanda Grimmett was asked in an interview, “What do you think a company owes its employees?” Her answer: “An opportunity to learn and grow.” With that mentality, she was offered a role higher than the one she was interviewing for–on the spot.
Amanda is the Area Community & Corporate Events Manager at Convene, where she oversees all of their client-facing and community events in New York.
- How running events from college led to Amanda’s first career opportunity
- Getting offered a job during her interview that was actually higher than the role she was interviewing for
- Selling your experience in a way that shows a company it is relevant to the jobs you want
- How to prepare for an interview
- What separates the best applicants she interviews for roles
- What skill she wishes she had when she was starting her career
Learn more about Amanda’s work at amandagrimmett.com